It's the big one – or is it? Bombazo goes forensic on Real Madrid's 2-0 win over FC Barcelona in El Clásico. Talking points include...
– Now it's clear the big game has lost a bit of its sheen, we get a nostalgic for the mighty Clásicos of old and ask whether LaLiga missed the opportunity to promote it properly internationally in those heady days.
– Both coaches made big calls, but while Zinedine Zidane picking Marcelo paid off, did Quique Setién get it wrong with his conservative approach?
– Tactical battles aside, if not for Thibaut Courtois making some big saves it's a different game. We have some praise for the Belgian who is still excellent when he's switched on.
– We look at Martin Braithwaite's performance which included an instant impact with one of the best chances of the game.
– And Alex rounds up the Scandis who have made previous appearances in this historic fixture. Spoiler: the Danes win.
Next week we will bring the pod to you from FC Barcelona v Real Sociedad where LaLiga's three biggest Scandinavians could all appear, but until then for more quality content you can follow the pod here, plus Lee and Alex at their personal accounts.
Thanks to everyone who listens, and if you like what you hear, leave us a rating, review and comment at the podcast provider of their choice. Please take a few minutes to do so – it's super helpful!